Importance of Experienced Legal Representation for Medical Malpractice Cases
Undergoing surgery or even staying overnight at a hospital can be stressful. You expect the doctors and surgeons to take care of you properly, but what happens when they make a critical mistake? Unfortunately, you can be left with severe pain or with a condition that you have to deal with the rest of your life.
At Cronin Trial Lawyers, we are here to provide you with experienced representation for medical malpractice cases and, in particular, medical malpractice cases. Our legal professionals have handled numerous cases of this nature and will fight on your behalf.
We believe it is important to have a seasoned veteran on your side when it comes to pursuing compensation for your medical malpractice. Here are some alarming notes and statistics about such cases:
- According to the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), over $3 billion in medical malpractice payouts were handed out to victims.
- Johns Hopkins University researchers estimate that medical error now ranks third behind heart disease and cancer for yearly cause of death.
- In 2015, the National Practitioner Data Bank found that Pennsylvania was the third highest state in payout per capita and had a total payout amount of $374,018,550.
Instances of Medical Malpractice
You may be wondering what constitutes medical malpractice. Here are just some examples:
- Surgical, medication or anesthesia errors
- Failure to diagnose cancer or another disease
- Improper amputation
- Defective medical product and drugs
- Injuries during birth
- Surgical instruments or supplies that are left inside of a patient
- Negligence in a hospital or emergency room
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
- Stroke-related misdiagnoses
As you can see, the nature of a medical malpractice case needs the guidance of an experienced legal professional. We first meet with you to go over the details of your claim and listen carefully to your account and then provide excellent advice to those who we believe have a strong case.
You can trust us to discuss the details of your case with you confidentially and compassionately. With a track record of success and years of results, you can feel comfortable turning to us for representation.
If you believe you have a medical malpractice case and want to pursue damages, you can turn to Cronin Trial Lawyers. You can reach our legal professionals and schedule a free consultation by calling 215-664-8272 or filling out a contact form that is found on our website.